As the designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the Jackson region, CMPDD is required by federal regulations to prepare and publish an Annual Listing of Obligated Projects. The Report details federal funds that have been obligated in the preceding year as a record of project delivery and a progress report for public information. The Jackson MPO Fiscal Year 2021 Obligated Projects Report lists all transportation projects in the Jackson MPO Planning Area that were obligated between October 1, 2020, and September 30, 2021.
What is project obligation? Federal guidance defines obligation as the federal government’s legal commitment (promise) to pay or reimburse an entity for the Federal share of a project’s eligible costs. In order to begin work on any phase of a transportation project that includes federal funding, the federal funds must be obligated. This means money is set aside for that particular project (deposited in the “checking account” for the project), which can then be used to reimburse the eligible project costs.
During FY 2021, eleven projects awarded federal grant funds by the Jackson MPO were obligated and authorized to proceed to construction. This included a total of $12.3 million in federal grant funds awarded by the MPO being obligated. MPO sponsored projects obligated in FY 2021 included:
- Midway Road Bridge Replacement
- Terry Road Bridge Replacement
- Mill Street Bridge Replacement
- Kearney Park Road overlay from SE Clark to the city limits of Flora
- Multiple traffic signal upgrades in the City of Ridgeland
- New traffic signal installation at Highway 22 and King Ranch Road
- Meadowbrook Road overlay from I-55 to West/Northbrook Drive
- Traffic signal upgrades at Highway 80 and Eastgate Drive
- Traffic signal upgrades at Highway 80 and Municipal Drive
- New traffic signal installation at Highway 18 and Louis Wilson Drive
- Congestion Improvements along South Pearson from Richland Creek to Highway 468
You must be logged in to post a comment.